11/17/2008

Happy National Homemade Bread Day + Recipe

Mmmm… bread…

Pumpernickel, Rye, Sourdough, Whole Wheat, Honey, Egg Bread, French, Italian, Cinnamon Raisin and on it goes.

I enjoy adore bread, perhaps a bit too much some days. *blush*

I grew up eating homemade egg bread and enjoy making bread/rolls (either in a machine or by hand) when I have the chance.

I have tried to give it (bread) up a few times but that was a total disaster.

Talk about severe withdrawal symptoms.

I choose not to recall that time in my life. *shudder*

Now I can say that I have cut way back on how much I eat, only once per day but I really savor that serving.

This is a quick and easy loaf to make in a bread machine that will not disappoint you.

This loaf makes a great toast in the morning.

Enjoy and don’t forget the butter!

Potato Bread

3/4 cup milk

1/2 cup water

2 Tbl. oil

3 cup bread flour

1/2 cup instant potato flakes

1 Tbl. sugar

2 tsp. active dry yeast

1. Add ingredients to bread machine in order listed.

2. Select desired setting and press start.

Sandy
The Phizzingtub. Design by Berenica Designs.